Welcome to the Family Spotlight. My name is Melissa, and I’m so proud to partner with local publications to create this fun and community-building section of the magazine.
I’ve been working with publications like the Lowry Aviator and Hilltop Sundial for nearly four years, and have met some of my very favorite clients through these wonderful organizations.
We’re so glad you’re here and interested in participating the Family Spotlight. I’d love to walk you through our process. Please feel free to poke around my website and social media sites as well to get a better feel for my work.
I hope to see you and photograph your family soon!
1. We schedule a short phone call. I want to learn about you and your family. Names, ages, favorite activities, and more. I’ve found it’s extremely helpful going into a session to know a little about the people I’ll be photographing – and it’s just more fun.
2. During this phone call we’ll come up with some preliminary ideas for locations, dates, and times, based on our availability, and the prettiest light.
3. We’ll confirm a time and location for your session. Please note we cannot reschedule unless there is an emergency or highly uncooperative weather.
4. It’s time for your session. Just show up ready to hang and enjoy with your family. I’ll take care of the rest 🙂
5. Previews on social media within a week with your consent. Keep an eye on my Facebook and Instagram accounts for your sneak peek.
6. Within two weeks, we’ll schedule your Reveal. This is my favorite part – you get to see your photos. We’ll select the photos you’d like to submit to the magazine.
7. Your Reveal will also be your opportunity to purchase any photos you’d like. There’s no obligation to purchase and no minimum. Online proofing and purchasing is also available for a 100.00 hosting fee.
8. You’ll receive the magazine with your feature, as well as any products you choose to purchase.
I hope you won’t hesitate to contact me personally with any questions or ideas for your session. I’m here to help 🙂